Who We Are
We are a school community that is dedicated to providing high school Regents diplomas to older, under credited students whether they are long-time residents of NYC or recent immigrants. We also aim to prepare them to succeed at college and employment after they graduate. With classes offered from 8:00 a.m. - 9:35 p.m. Monday - Friday, we provide students who have adult responsibilities a schedule that meets their needs. We offer a challenging program with Advanced Placement and College Now classes and an extensive English language immersion program for foreign-born students. We are fortunate to have Comprehensive Youth Development (CYD) as our non-profit partner which provides free, on-site student support including tutoring, college advisement and placement, scholarships, career exploration and internships, legal assistance, referrals for housing and medical issues, and post graduation services. See what we are all about.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our high school is designed for older transfer students both native English speakers and English language learners. You must be able to attend school Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:35 p.m.
You must have:
- Turned 16 and be under 21
- Earned a minimum of 10 credits
- Passed 1 Regents Exam
You must also demonstrate at a personal interview your willingness to fully participate in our school community
If you are a newcomer to New York or transferring from a high school which does not offer Regents exams, your transcript will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
What Do We Offer?
- An academic high school diploma – no GED’s
- Day classes only for newcomer English Language Learners.
- Night classes for both speakers of English and English Language Learners
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes in Calculus, Computer Science, English, Spanish, Chinese and Government
- College Now classes in partnership with LaGuardia Community College
- Learning-to-Work Paid Internships
- A dual-degree program in partnership with Coop Tech
- Supplemental ESL and Regents review classes
- College preparation and advising
- Tutoring in all subjects
- Medical, legal, employment, and housing assistance
- Clubs, trips and participation in student government
- Free meals and transportation for those who qualify
- A school with an excellent School Quality Guide
- Recent graduates have gone on to Bard, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore, Colby, SUNY Stony Brook, Binghamton, Buffalo and Albany
How Do I Apply?
1. Sign up online, Apply Now >>
2. Come to an Open House to learn about our school and bring your documents.
3. Email, fax or mail your documents to:
email - email@example.com or
fax - Attn: Admissions Office 646.478.9727
mail - Manhattan Comprehensive Night and Day High School
Attn: Admissions Office
240 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10003
- Permanent Record (preferred) or Transcript
- Student Evaluation Report (RESI report on ATS)
- IEP (if applicable)
If the student meets the above requirements following transcript review, a date and time will be set up for the student to come in, fill out an application and go through the interview process.